This is a collection of brief excerpts from a recent lecture by Taner Akçam whose A Shameful Act: The Armenian Genocide and the Question of Turkish Responsibility (2007) is a good place to start to understand why the Armenian Genocide organized by the Young Turks is the link that explains the conceptual/ideological as well as institutional transition from the late 19th century social darwinian European nationalisms to the Jewish Holocaust.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
- Health Care and the Community Economy: Towards an ...
- The Testimonies of Azmi and Hrant
- The expansive politics of Azmi Bishara and Emily J...
- Iraq oil and its colonial pre-history
- this man from poland wearing strange glasses
- A non-all David Lynch
- A conference: Histories and alternatives within an...
- A post-colonial post-card
- Where you get to depends on how you travel
- The Purloined War
- November 2006
- December 2006
- January 2007
- February 2007
- March 2007
- April 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007